Leashrly Life has immediate openings for professional obedience trainers.
Applicant must have experience as a dog trainer and practice Reward based training. Knowledge and experience with a variety of breeds and temperaments necessary. Familiarity with learning theory a plus. Behavior experience and Rescue experience a plus.
Applicant must love and have a natural affinity for dogs, live in or near the communities Leashrly Life serves, and have the ability to board at least one dog in home for 14-days at a time should a client request residential training is a plus. The candidate must be a team player who loves helping people and their pets. Position structure, scheduling, and pay assessed according to level of experience. Candidates need a flexible schedule and availability during evenings and weekends.
- Professional Dog Training: 1-year minimum
- Driver’s License
The successful candidate will be responsible for training and caring for dogs in private sessions and/or group classes.
* Ability to teach a dog basic obedience commands such as walking on a loose leash, heel, sit, down, place, come, no jumping on people, and stay
* Demonstrate Advanced Obedience skills
* Utilize various dog training tools such as clickers, marker words, proper food reinforcement, Easy Walk Harness, Gentle Leader, Halti, prong collar, E-Collar, and muzzle
Advancement opportunities available for the right candidate.
- Training dogs to perform basic obedience commands in your home or clients’ homes
- Supervising dogs during play sessions
- Assisting and advising clients regarding care for dog’s health, exercise, and emotional well-being
- Providing outstanding customer service and advice to client
* Must be able to hold a leash and control a dog that pulls and weighs up to 120 pounds
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk a dog, and be comfortable training outdoors and in various weather conditions
Job Type: Part-time
Leashrly Life offers pet sitters competitive pay, flexible hours, and a supportive team of like-minded, caring animal lovers.