Customer Service Rep/Recruitment Assistant
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH A LOVE OF ANIMALS!!
Growing pet care company in need of a Customer Service Rep/Recruitment Assistant.
Great opportunity for someone looking to grow with an expanding business.
- Is extremely detail-oriented
- Is organized
- Can work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Has excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Has an aptitude for exceptional customer service
- Is great with people and is able to handle a variety of personalities
- Has a LOVE for animals and is looking for a long-term position in pet care
- Must be available summers, weekends and evenings as back-up to our primary
Administrative person. While the position is flexible, candidate must be available to respond to inquiries via phone and/or emails during normal office hours M-Fri 8am-4pm, as well as occasional off-hours for client meetings.
The position is two-pronged:
1. Customer Service responsibilities include:
• Basic administrative duties such as calling/emailing clients, scheduling appointments, on-going follow up and data entry
• On a backup/as needed basis, manage the day-to-day activities of the business including coordinating walker/client communications and handling other basic/general office responsibilities.
2. Recruitment responsibilities include:
• Implement and manage recruitment efforts for the business such as regular postings of open
positions such as new walkers, overnight pet sitters, hikers, outreach coordinators, etc.
• Must be versed in using on and offline recruitment sources (ie. Craigslist, norfolknet, job boards,
word-of-mouth, posting flyers in local businesses, senior centers, vets, etc., f/b personal pages
and business pages, additional social media sites, etc.)
• Interview, check references, and hire for all open positions.
• Set up new hires in PSP system and provide initial training on software, client interactions,
• Continually monitor business needs for new walkers/sitters to ensure proper coverage
throughout service area.
• Provide weekly recap of recruitment activities.
• Part-time, approximately 30-40 hours a month
• Remote, work-from-home position with interviews and meetings set up in various locations
• Must live in or near the service areas we cover (as far west as Franklin, MA and as far east as
• Individual must have their own access to a smart phone (with a data plan), experience texting,
emailing and the ability to manage and navigate web-based software programs.
• Candidates should be able provide their own transportation. You will be required to travel to the
local communities we serve on an occasional basis.
The position offers a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a growing pet care company, and
become a valuable member of a professional team. There are opportunities for growth including
becoming more involved in the management and development of the business for the right
applicant. Flexibility is a bonus we offer – most of the time you will be able to work at your
While this is a flexible position, we are looking for someone who does have availability each week
during regular office hours (with the possibility of coming into the Norfolk, MA office from time to
time depending on needs). Must be willing to work odd hours and respond to inquiries on a
timely basis including weekends and summers. Some holiday work may also be required.
Training is detailed so only looking for someone interested in a long-term, permanent position.
Please respond via email with a resume and letter of inquiry of why this would be an ideal
position for you.