LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH A LOVE OF ANIMALS!!
Growing pet care company in need of Administrative Assistance
Great opportunity for someone looking to grow with an expanding business.
- Is extremely detail-oriented
- Is exceptionally organized
- Can work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Has excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Has an aptitude for outstanding customer service
- Is great with people and is able to handle a variety of personalities
- Has a LOVE for animals and is looking for a long-term position in pet care
- Is available to respond to inquiries via phone and/or emails during normal office hours
M-Fri 8am-4pm, as well as occasional off-hour calls
Administrative responsibilities include:
- Responding to calls immediately and professionally
- Selling business services via phone or email and closing leads
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the business including coordinating walker/client
communications and handling other basic/general office responsibilities.
- Managing walker/sitter schedules, vacations, time off, etc.
- Securing back-up’s and coordinating visits, keys, codes and other pet-related information
- Basic administrative duties such as calling/emailing clients, scheduling appointments, on-going
follow up and data entry
- Keeping database up-to-date and accurate on an ongoing basis
- Work with business owner and team on processes and procedures and updating forms,
database and other systems as needed
- Proofreading and editing marketing materials, policies, online communications and other
business related material
- Depending on schedules additional responsibilities may include generating invoices, tracking
payments, collections, paying bills, payroll support, making deposits and providing back up to
other team members.
- Approximately 20 hours a week (where some weeks will be more and other weeks will require
less time depending on call volume).
- Remote, work-from-home position
- Availability required for face to face meetings with new clients (M&Gs). Must be flexible about the
timing of these important meetings to accommodate clients’ schedules – many M&G’s are at night
and on weekends, and often occur last minute.
- Must live in or near the service areas we cover (as far west as Franklin, MA and as far east as
- Individual must have his or her own access to a fully functioning computer, printer, smart phone
(with a data plan)
- Experience texting, emailing and the ability to manage and navigate web-based software
- Experience with Asana project management software a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel, and social media platforms such as Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter.
- Must be able provide own transportation. Team members are required to travel to main office on
a monthly basis for face-to-face meetings.
The position offers a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a growing pet care company, and
become a valuable member of a professional team. There are opportunities for growth including
becoming more involved in the management and development of the business for the right
While the position is part-time, we are looking for someone who is available each day during
regular office hours. Must also be willing to work odd hours and respond to inquiries on a timely
basis. Weekend and holiday work is required. Must be available for additional hours over the
summer, our busiest time. Training is detailed so only those interested in a long-term, permanent
position need apply.
Please respond via email with a resume and letter of inquiry for why this would be an ideal position for you.